Educator Licensure

If you have received your degree from an accredited college or university, you may, as a graduate student or student-at-large, take courses leading to initial teacher certification. NIU offers 26 initial educator licensure programs. For more information about the programs, contact the Educator Licensure and Preparation office.

To start a non-degree initial teacher certification program, apply to the graduate school as a student-at-large. If you decide to pursue a graduate degree, you will have the opportunity to apply as a graduate student after you have started your course of study.

Contact Us

The Graduate School
Williston Hall 100

Phone: 815-753-0395
Fax: 815-753-6366

Office Hours

8-11:30 a.m.
12:30-4:30 p.m.

Visit Us Virtually

Request More Information

Back to top